Fast Secure Contact Form Country List shows you how to add a country list to your contact form in a very simple way and more.
Last Updated: March 23, 2016
Latest News: I have fixed a broken link.
What you need:
- Down load the countries-list.zip file from the following URL
- You will need a text editor, if you are using windows you can use notepad
Fast Secure Contact Form Country List Setup
Step 1 ) Add a new field like you normally do. See images below
In the following image I typed Country for my Label. (In your form you might choose to type a different word)
Step 2 ) In the following image you select the field type, for this tutorial you need to select select.
Step 3 ) The following image illustrates what needs to be set up.
Important: Unzip the countries-list.zip file you download above. Open the txt file using a text editor, copy and paste the content into the following field Select options (Required) below.
- Required field (Optional)
- Select options (Required) = (This is where you will paste the content from the zip filed downloaded. You must make sure you have one entry per line as illustrated in the image below)
- Click on Save Changes once you are finished
Note: I added [Select Country] as the first field. The form will always default to this field when viewed. You might choose to word this differently.
Step 4 ) The image below shows you the Country field added and it defaults to Select Country.
Step 5 ) The following image shows you the country list in a drop down menu. Now you can select the country. The country is displayed in alphabetical order.
Click on the following link Style Formatting to complete the next tutorial.
I hope you are enjoying this tutorial. If you have any questions so far please let me know. Leave a comment if you need some more features added or would like to know about a particular point above.