WordPress Photonic Gallery Plugin allows you to display galleries from the following WP, Flickr, Picasa, SmugMug, 500px, Zenfolio and more.
Last Updated: March 1, 2017
Latest Update: I have updated the changelog.
This plugin title on wordpress.org says “Galleries on steroids! A stylish plugin for galleries of your public and private WP, Flickr, Picasa, SmugMug, 500px, Zenfolio & Instagram photos”. It covers many well known social media websites. This plugin is in a class of it’s own. The developer keeps adding more features as requests are made by people.
Note: These are simple and easy to follow tutorials to help you understand and set up Photonic. However you still need to test your settings before you publish your website or blog.
Latest News: I have updated the changelog and added more information to reflect the latest changes in 1.60.
Photonic 1.64 Changelog
- New Masonry layout, triggered by
layout='masonry'for external galleries, and
style='masonry'for WP galleries
- New Mosaic layout, triggered by
layout='mosaic'for external galleries, and
style='mosaic'for WP galleries
- Added “More” button capability to native WP galleries
- Added deep-linking and sharing capabilities to native WP galleries
- Added an option to disable lightbox linking for Native WP galleries
- Added support to display a folder in SmugMug, using
- Added size options for Instagram’s larger sizes, e.g. 1080x1080px
- Added options for “Thumbnail effects” – opacity, zoom and none
- Added a
popupattribute to the shortcode, which overrides the “Bypass Popup” capability. It takes the values
- Added an option to auto-start slideshows in the slideshow layout
- Added slideshow options to the shortcode insertion script for all galleries
- Fixed a corner-case issue with the “random” layout: if the post-content width was being rounded up, e.g. 549.8px became 550px, some widths were not being computed correctly, causing the layout to break.
- Fixed a mismatched HTML tag for single-photo displays.
- Corrected a styling issue for the preview button in the WP editor that occurred when the back-end shortcode editor was active
- The SmugMug helper now also provides information about folders
- Fixed a bug with Image Lightbox’s deep-linking, where if the same image was repeated in different galleries, the deep-link would show up from the first instance.
WordPress Photonic Gallery Plugin
Latest update, I can confirm that it works in WordPress 4.7.2 and WordPress 4.7.3 Alpha.
Photonic Latest Updates
- WP Gallery functions works
- Picasa works = (This feature now requires some adjustments. Google has stopped the development of Picasa.)
- Flickr = Works (Fixed issues in version 1.57)
- 500px = Works (Updated in version 1.57)
- SmugMug = Works (Updated in version 1.58)
- Instagram = (Fixed in version 1.59)
- Zenfolio = Works (Updated in version 1.50)
What You Need:
- Suffusion Theme (Optional = I added this theme because it is also developed by Sayontan Sinha. Both plugin and theme work flawlessly together and has great support)
- Photonic Generic Options
- Photonic Generic Options Layouts
- Photonic Generic Options Popup Panel
- Add a Slideshow to Suffusion Theme Using Photonic
- Add a Slideshow to Suffusion Theme Text Widget
- Add Picasa Photos Using Photonic Plugin WordPress
- Photonic Slideshow Display
- Display Picasa Private Photos Using Photonic
The above list of tutorials will go in time. I will always try to keep up to date any updates added by Sayontan Sinha the developer. So keep coming back for the latest.
If you have any questions, requests or suggestions please send me a message via the contact form.
Links You Might Be Interested: