WordPress Photonic Gallery Plugin allows you to display galleries from the following WP, Flickr, Picasa, SmugMug, 500px, Zenfolio and more.
Last Updated: April 22, 2018
Latest Update: I have updated the changelog.
This plugin manages and works with a few well known social media websites. This plugin is in a class of it’s own. The developer keeps adding more features and functionality as requests are made by people.
Photonic Works With The Following
- WP Gallery
- Picasa / Google Photos
Note: These are simple and easy to follow tutorials to help you understand and set up Photonic. However you still need to test your settings before you publish your website or blog.
Photonic 1.65 Changelog
- Added back-end authentication support for Flickr, SmugMug and 500px (feature existed for Google/Picasa and Instagram)
- Fixed an incompatibility between themes and plugins using Bootstrap, and Photonic’s use of jQuery Tooltip
- Added support for the Featherlight lightbox
- Split out Authentication functionality to its own admin page, away from Helpers.
- Improved error messages
- Fixed a problem with the “Buy” link for SmugMug not appearing when opted for
- Fixed an issue where user names in 500px that had numbers at the start were not displaying photos from the correct user
- Streamlined the Picasa code to use native WP methods for HTTP requests
- Changed permissions for “Helpers” and “Getting Started” pages. These will now display for non-admins. The Authentication and Settings pages will be shown only to admin users
- Added support for Pinterest sharing
- The SmugMug folder view was dropping albums that didn’t have a “Highlight image”. This has been addressed to use a placeholder
- SmugMug folders were unable to display more than 10 albums within. This has been addressed to display up to 200 albums
- Fixed a bug with 500px.com categories, where categories with spaces were not being processed correctly
- Added a parameter called
filter_typethat takes the values
includeto indicate if a list of albums in the
filterparameter should be excluded or included.
- Added support for images in Flickr that do not follow Flickr’s documented URL structure
- Added a new title style to stick the title over the lower portion of a photo
WordPress Photonic Gallery Plugin
What You Need:
- Suffusion Theme (Optional = I added this theme because it is developed by Sayontan Sinha. Both plugin and theme work flawlessly together.)
- Generic Options
- Popup Panel
- Add a Slideshow to Suffusion Theme Using Photonic
- Add a Slideshow to Suffusion Theme Text Widget
- Add Picasa Photos Using Photonic Plugin WordPress
- Photonic Slideshow Display
- Display Picasa Private Photos Using Photonic
I will keep updating the tutorials to to include any changes or updates added by Sayontan Sinha the developer.
If you have any questions, requests or suggestions please send me a message via the contact form.
Links You Might Be Interested: