All In One WP Security And Firewall Plugin helps you setup this great and powerful plugin which covers and protects many WordPress areas.
Last Updated: August 15, 2018
Latest News: I have updated the plugins banner image.
All In One WP Security And Firewall Plugin
WordPress is still one of the most popular CMS platforms in 2017. This also means that more hackers are going to try and break into your site. Lucky for you All In One WP Security and Firewall “AIOWPS” is here to protect your site. It has been designed and developed to protect your site from hackers and more.
All In One WP Security And Firewall Plugin is designed to help those who don’t have any knowledge of security and have no idea how to protect their site using a security plugin. For that reason the developers have added instructions and or information next to each option in the plugin settings. This allows you to read and understand more about each feature before you decide to enable that feature.
All In One WP Security & Firewall version 4.3.6 Changelog.
- Added new tab called “WP REST API” in the Miscellaneous menu and created separate feature which disables unauthorized REST access for non-logged in users independent of the users enumeration feature.
- Improved dashboard page widget area display.
- Small translation string fix in the rename login page feature.
Fixes and To Do List
Working On The Following Fixes:
- Can the interface receive a face lift though? And maybe improve the admin view via mobile devices? The developers will look into this issue/request. You can read more about it in the following support thread.
- Unable to access settings in a multisite. You can read more about in the following support thread.
To Do List
- Is there an option to get notification upon user login? – The developers will add this feature in a future release. You can read more about it in the following support thread.
- Will you be adding Google reCAPTCHA to the plugin? – The developers will add this feature in a future release. You can read more about it in the following support thread.
- Hide WordPress Info. – This will be added in a future release. You can read more about it in the following support thread.
- Is it possible to exclude specific sites from the copy protection setting under Miscellaneous? – You can read more about it in the following support thread. (Low priority request)
- Is it possible to configure and enforce password policies (E.g. Min 8 Chars, Mixed caps etc) using this plugin? – This might be added in a future release. You can read more about it in the following support thread.
GDPR (DSGVO) compliance
Currently the plugin developer has replied in the forum to help you with GDPR (DSGVO) compliance questions. Please check the following support threads to learn more. This could change in a future release.
- Data Processing Agreement needed – Developer support thread reply.
- GDPR (DSGVO) compliance – Developer support thread reply.
- Still unclear if GDPR compliant – Developer support thread reply.
What you need:
- All In One WP Security And Firewall
- Country Blocking Add-on = Premium add-on. (Optional)
- www.site-scanners.com = This is a premium service which is part of the plugin. (Optional but highly recommended. It is important to keep monitoring your site.)
- Premium Support For All In One WP Security Plugin = In some cases you might need extra support. It is important to have a functioning website, blog for your online business. (Optional)
- Smart 404 blocking Add-on = Premium add-on. (Optional)
- Security Settings Plugin = This plugin/addon helps you reset AIOWPS if you ever get locked out of your site.
WP Security Admin Menu
When you log into your WordPress admin panel, click on WP Security found on your left hand sidebar. You will see an admin menu as illustrated in the image below.
The following list of tutorials provides information about each admin tab. It also shows you how to set up each feature in admin. Some tabs have a number of total points you can gain if you enabled all features with a number value assigned to them. This number is added to the Dashboard Security Strength Meter after you have completed enabling your settings and saved them. The maximum total count in the meter is 505 points. However you will not reach this maximum amount because in some settings you can’t enable all features.
All In One WP Security And Firewall Tutorials:
- Settings = 5 points
- User Accounts = 20 points
- User login = 25 points
- User Registration = 50 points
- Database Security = 30 points
- Filesystem Security = 40 points
- Blacklist Manager = 15 points
- Firewall Rules = 135 points
- Brute Force = 125 points
- Spam Prevention = 30 + 10 more when BuddyPress and BBPress is installed and activated.
- Scanner = 20 points
- Delete Spam
- Pingback Protection Settings
- Custom Rules
- Allow Unlock Request
I hope the above information helps you to protect your website.
If you have any questions or need some help, you can leave a message or get in contact with me via my contact form above.