All In One WP Security And Firewall Plugin helps you setup this great and powerful plugin which covers and protects many WordPress areas.
Last Updated: February 15, 2018
Latest News: I have added a new link to the list below.
WordPress is still one of the most popular CMS platforms in 2017. This also means that more hackers are going to try and break into your site. Lucky for you All In One WP Security and Firewall is here to protect your site. It has been designed and developed to protect your site from hackers and more.
AIOWPS plugin is designed to help those who don’t have any knowledge of security and have no idea how to protect their site using a security plugin. Taking that into consideration and thinking about the users, the developers decided to add instructions and information next to each option in the plugin settings. This allows you to read information about any feature before you enable that feature.
The menu below is a lists all the tabs available in the plugins admin menu for you to edit and enable. Each link takes you to a tutorial that provides you with step by step instructions. The instructions will help you and guide you.
When you enable a security feature a score is added. The score lets you know by how much your site is currently protected according to the security features you have enabled in the plugin. The menu also has a troubleshooting link. This helps you troubleshoot issues you might run into especially when you enable intermediate and advance security features.
All In One WP Security And Firewall Plugin
All In One WP Security & Firewall version 4.3.2 Changelog
- Added new IP address settings page which user the ability to configure which $_SERVER global the IP address will be retrieved from. (New setting found in WP Security >> Settings >> Advanced Settings)
- Fixed bug in .htaccess rules caused when 6G and IP blacklist firewall rules were simultaneously enabled.
- Fixed bug where captcha answer was being ignored on woocommerce login page.
- Added support for unlock requests made from woocomerce account login page when rename login feature is active.
- Added useful debug code for troubleshooting in the fake googlebot function.
- Some general code cleanup and improvement.
- Added code to prevent direct access data leaks.
- Added captcha settings for BBPress new topic form.
- Fixed minor bug in dashboard page when checking if htaccess rules applied.
- Added a check for Windows server installation in File Permissions feature – this feature is not applicable for Windows servers.
- Added check to display comment captcha only when user not logged in.
When you log into your WordPress admin panel click on WP Security found on your left hand side. This will see the menu list displayed in the image.
The following menu allows you to manage and set up the following tabs. Some tabs have a total number next to them. This number is added after you have completed and saved your settings. The total will show up in your Dashboard Security Strength Meter.
Total count in the meter is 505 points.
- Settings = 5 points
- User Accounts = 20 points
- User Login = 25 points
- User Registration = 50 points
- Database Security = 30 points
- Filesystem Security = 40 points
- WHOIS lookup (Note: This feature will be removed in the future.)
- Blacklist Manager = 15 points
- Firewall = 135 points
- Brute Force = 125 points
- Spam Prevention = 30 + 10 more when BuddyPress and BBPress is installed and activated.
- Scanner = 20 points
All In One WP Security And Firewall Tutorials:
- User Accounts
- User login
- User Registration
- Database Security
- Filesystem Security
- Blacklist Manager
- Firewall Rules
- Brute Force
- Spam Prevention
- Delete Spam
- Pingback Protection Settings
- Custom Rules
- Allow Unlock Request
What you need:
- All In One WP Security And Firewall
- Country Blocking Add-on = Premium add-on. (Optional)
- www.site-scanners.com = This is a premium service which is part of the plugin. (This is optional but highly recommended. It is important to keep monitoring your site.)
- Premium Support For All In One WP Security Plugin = In some cases you might need extra support. It is important to have a functioning website, blog for your online business. (Optional)
- Smart 404 blocking Add-on = Premium add-on. (Optional)
- Security Settings Plugin = This new plugin will help you reset AIOWPS if you ever get locked out of your site. (Optional, added on August 28, 2016)
I hope the above information helps you to protect your website and more. If you have any questions and or need some help, you can contact me via my contact form above. You can also hire my services to help you troubleshoot this plugin and or other issues you are having with your WordPress website.