All In One WP Security And Firewall Plugin helps you setup this great and powerful plugin which covers and protects many WordPress areas.
Last Updated: April 27, 2018
Latest News: I have updated the changelog.
WordPress is still one of the most popular CMS platforms in 2017. This also means that more hackers are going to try and break into your site. Lucky for you All In One WP Security and Firewall is here to protect your site. It has been designed and developed to protect your site from hackers and more.
AIOWPS plugin is designed to help those who don’t have any knowledge of security and have no idea how to protect their site using a security plugin. Taking that into consideration and thinking about the users, the developers decided to add instructions and information next to each option in the plugin settings. This allows you to read information about any feature before you enable that feature.
The menu below is a lists all the tabs available in the plugins admin menu for you to edit and enable. Each link takes you to a tutorial that provides you with step by step instructions. The instructions will help you and guide you.
When you enable a security feature a score is added. The score lets you know by how much your site is currently protected according to the security features you have enabled in the plugin. The menu also has a troubleshooting link. This helps you troubleshoot issues you might run into especially when you enable intermediate and advance security features.
All In One WP Security And Firewall Plugin
All In One WP Security & Firewall version 4.3.3 Changelog.
- Fixed bug – aiowps will now allow access to admin-post.php from front-end when rename login feature is active.
- Modified login lockdown feature so that the exact IP address is locked down and not the IP range.
- Added new filter (aiowps_ip_blocked_output_page) which allows user to filter the complete output when someone’s IP has been locked out.
- Added new action hook (aiopws_before_wp_die_renamed_login) for the renamed login feature which fires just before the wp_die event which produces the “Not available” behaviour.
- Removed unused code.
- Modified get_user_ip_address to get the first IP address in cases where there are multiple comma separated addresses provided – example X-Forwarded-For.
When you log into your WordPress admin panel click on WP Security found on your left hand side. This will see the menu list displayed in the image.
The following menu allows you to manage and set up the following tabs. Some tabs have a total number next to them. This number is added after you have completed and saved your settings. The total will show up in your Dashboard Security Strength Meter.
Total count in the meter is 505 points.
- Settings = 5 points
- User Accounts = 20 points
- User Login = 25 points
- User Registration = 50 points
- Database Security = 30 points
- Filesystem Security = 40 points
- WHOIS lookup (Note: This feature will be removed in the future.)
- Blacklist Manager = 15 points
- Firewall = 135 points
- Brute Force = 125 points
- Spam Prevention = 30 + 10 more when BuddyPress and BBPress is installed and activated.
- Scanner = 20 points
All In One WP Security And Firewall Tutorials:
- User Accounts
- User login
- User Registration
- Database Security
- Filesystem Security
- Blacklist Manager
- Firewall Rules
- Brute Force
- Spam Prevention
- Delete Spam
- Pingback Protection Settings
- Custom Rules
- Allow Unlock Request
What you need:
- All In One WP Security And Firewall
- Country Blocking Add-on = Premium add-on. (Optional)
- www.site-scanners.com = This is a premium service which is part of the plugin. (This is optional but highly recommended. It is important to keep monitoring your site.)
- Premium Support For All In One WP Security Plugin = In some cases you might need extra support. It is important to have a functioning website, blog for your online business. (Optional)
- Smart 404 blocking Add-on = Premium add-on. (Optional)
- Security Settings Plugin = This new plugin will help you reset AIOWPS if you ever get locked out of your site. (Optional, added on August 28, 2016)
I hope the above information helps you to protect your website and more. If you have any questions and or need some help, you can contact me via my contact form above. You can also hire my services to help you troubleshoot this plugin and or other issues you are having with your WordPress website.