All In One WP Security And Firewall Plugin helps you setup this great and powerful plugin which covers and protects many WordPress areas.
Last Updated: November 15, 2017
Today as of 2017, WordPress is still one of the most popular CMS platforms. You need to make sure your website is secured and protected at all times from hackers and people attempting to log into your website. Lucky for you All In One WP Security and Firewall has been designed and develop to protect your site from these kind of intrusions.
AIOWPS plugin is designed to help those who don’t have any knowledge of security and have no idea how to protect their site using a security plugin. That is why AIOWPS plugin has added instructions and or information next to each option for you to read before you go ahead an enable that feature.
The menu list below links to the tutorials that provide you step by step instructions on how to set up each feature in the plugin. The instructions will help you, guide you, show you how to enable each option and more. When you enable a security feature a score will be added. The score lets you know by how much your site is protected according to the security features you enable in plugin. The menu list also has a troubleshooting link. This will help you further if you run into issues while enabling some of the intermediate and advance security features.
All In One WP Security And Firewall Plugin
All In One WP Security & Firewall version 4.3.1 Changelog
- Improved white list directives to cater for Apache 2.4 and earlier versions.
- Added 3 filters for the manual account registration approval email: aiowps_register_approval_email_subject, aiowps_register_approval_email_msg, aiowps_register_approval_email_from_name
- Added configuration option to allow custom firewall rules to be applied at beginning of all rules applied by aiowps.
- Changed record insertions to DB table aiowps_failed_logins to store the full IP address instead of IP range.
When you log into your WordPress admin panel click on WP Security found on your left hand side. This will see the menu list displayed in the image.
The following menu allows you to manage and set up the following tabs. Some tabs have a total number next to them. This number is added after you have completed and saved your settings. The total will show up in your Dashboard Security Strength Meter.
Total count in the meter is 500 points.
- Settings = 5 points
- User Accounts = 20 points
- User Login = 25 points
- User Registration = 50 points
- Database Security = 30 points
- Filesystem Security = 40 points
- WHOIS lookup
- Blacklist Manager = 15 points
- Firewall = 135 points
- Brute Force = 125 points
- Spam Prevention = 30 + 5 more when BuddyPress is installed and activated.
- Scanner = 20 points
- Miscellaneous (Added in version 3.7.4)
All In One WP Security And Firewall Tutorials:
- User Accounts
- User login
- User Registration
- Database Security
- Filesystem Security
- Whois Lookup
- Firewall Rules
- Brute Force
- Spam Prevention
- Delete Spam
- Pingback Protection Settings
- Custom Rules
- Allow Unlock Request
What you need:
- All In One WP Security And Firewall
- Country Blocking Add-on = Premium add-on. (Optional)
- www.site-scanners.com = This is a premium service which is part of the plugin. (This is optional but highly recommended. It is important to keep monitoring your site.)
- Premium Support For All In One WP Security Plugin = In some cases you might need extra support. It is important to have a functioning website, blog for your online business. (Optional)
- Smart 404 blocking Add-on = Premium add-on. (Optional)
- Security Settings Plugin = This new plugin will help you reset AIOWPS if you ever get locked out of your site. (Optional, added on August 28, 2016)
I hope the above information helps you to protect your website and more. If you have any questions and or need some help, you can contact me via my contact form above. You can also hire my services to help you troubleshoot this plugin and or other issues you are having with your WordPress website.