All In One WP Security And Firewall Plugin helps you setup this great and powerful plugin which covers and protects many WordPress areas.
Last Updated: September 19, 2017
Nowadays many are installing WordPress as their CMS preferred platform. You need to make sure your website is secured and protected from hackers and people attempting to login into your admin panel. Lucky for you All In One WP Security and Firewall has been designed and written in a way that makes it super easy to enable this kind of protection. It helps those who don’t have any knowledge and don’t understand why a particular feature would protect your website. These instructions are found next to each option you enable with a simple but thorough explanation.
The menu below links to the tutorials that provide you step by step instructions on how to set up the plugin. The instructions provided will help you, guide you, show you how to enable each option in the plugin and more. When you enable a security feature a score will be added. The score lets you know by how much your site is protected according to the security plugin. The list also has a troubleshooting link that will help you further when you run into problems and you need guidance to fix the issue.
All In One WP Security & Firewall version 4.2.9 Changelog
- Changed the parameter in current_user_can function to use an administrator capability instead of the “administrator” role name.
- Added some new hooks to the AIOWPSecurity_WP_Loaded_Tasks called aiowps_wp_loaded_tasks_start and aiowps_wp_loaded_tasks_end.
- Improved get_locked_ips() function and added $wpdb->prepare statement.
- Added more missing translation domain parameters for translatable strings in the rename login page.
- Deleted local copy of the Persian and Italian language files. These translations are available on translate.wordpress.org.
- Domain path and text domain added to plugin header.
- Changed the get_user_ip_address functions so that $_SERVER[‘REMOTE_ADDR’] is the primary method used to obtain IP address.
- Added enumeration block via REST API (wp >= 4.7)
When you log into your WordPress admin panel click on WP Security found on your left hand side. This will see the menu list displayed in the image.
The following menu allows you to manage and set up the following tabs. Some tabs have a total number next to them. This number is added after you have completed and saved your settings. The total will show up in your Dashboard Security Strength Meter. Total count in the meter is 470 points.
- Settings = 5 points
- User Accounts = 20 points
- User Login = 25 points
- User Registration = 40 points
- Database Security = 30 points
- Filesystem Security = 40 points
- WHOIS lookup
- Blacklist Manager = 15 points
- Firewall = 135 points
- Brute Force = 105 points
- Spam Prevention = 30 + 5 more when BuddyPress is installed and activated.
- Scanner = 20 points
- Miscellaneous (Added in version 3.7.4)
All In One WP Security And Firewall Tutorials:
- User Accounts
- User login
- User Registration
- Database Security
- Filesystem Security
- Whois Lookup
- Firewall Rules
- Brute Force
- Spam Prevention
- Delete Spam
- Pingback Protection Settings
- Custom Rules
- Allow Unlock Request
What you need:
- All In One WP Security And Firewall
- Country Blocking Add-on = Premium add-on. (Optional)
- www.site-scanners.com = This is a premium service which is part of the plugin. (This is optional but highly recommended. It is important to keep monitoring your site.)
- Premium Support For All In One WP Security Plugin = In some cases you might need extra support. It is important to have a functioning website, blog for your online business. (Optional)
- Smart 404 blocking Add-on = Premium add-on. (Optional)
- Security Settings Plugin = This new plugin will help you reset AIOWPS if you ever get locked out of your site. (Optional, added on August 28, 2016)
I hope the above information helps you to protect your website and more. If you have any questions and or need some help, you can contact me via my contact form above. You can also hire my services to help you troubleshoot this plugin and or other issues you are having with your WordPress website.