How To Setup Google AdSense tutorial shows you how to set up Google ads and display the ads in your site by copying and pasting the code.
Last Updated: February 25, 2018
Latest News: I have updated some links.
This tutorial is designed for beginners. Those who have never set up Google ads and never added the code to their website.
- A Google account
How To Setup Google AdSense
Step 1 ) Log into Google and click on My Account -> Account overview -> View dashboard -> Adsense -> Settings to set up Google AdSense. See image below.
Step 2 ) Click on My ads -> Ad units -> New ad unit.
Step 3 ) The following image allows you to set up the following options.
- Ad size = Nowadays most people select Showing Responsive. This works on any device in the market, which includes laptops, tablets, smartphone etc. It also helps if your website’s theme or template is also responsive. Selecting this options is also what Google recommends. If you look at the image you can see an image that looks like a smartphone.
Step 3-a ) The following is a list of all the different sizes you can choose from.
- Horizontal banner
- Vertical banner
- Custom size
- Link ads
Step 4 ) The following image allows you to select one of the following styles templates.
- Dark blue reverse
- Splash of color
- Classic grey
- High-contrast black
- High-contrast white
- Modern white
Google Adsense Text Style
Step 5 ) The following image allows you to set up the Text style. It also has a screen on the left that allows you to view your setting.
- Style name
- Font family
- Font size
Step 6 ) The following image Ad type allows you to select one of the following options.
- Text & display ads (This one is highly recommended)
- Display ads only
- Text ads only
Step 7 ) The following image allows you to set up the following options.
- Custom channels = You need to create channels so that your ads will have something to display
- Backup ads
- Click on Save and get code button when you have completed the settings
Step 8 ) The following image shows you the code you need to copy and paste into your website, where you want your ad to appear.
Remember it is best to select Asynchronous for Code type.
That is all you need to do to create your Google Ads, copy and paste the code into your website.
If you have a WordPress website set up then you might like to read the following URL’s.
- Read the following URL How To Add Google Adsense to WordPress.
- If you are using Suffusion Theme, check the following URL Adding Adsense To Suffusion Using Shortcodes.
I hope you enjoyed this simple tutorial. I will be adding more information soon.
More Google Tutorials: